The University will open today at 10 a.m. Classes will begin at 10:30 a.m. Winterterm on-campus classes with start times prior to 10:30 a.m. will meet beginning at 10:30 a.m. while remaining on-campus and all online classes will meet at their scheduled times.
2013 STEM - Hartford Public Schools STEM Director Sandra Inga, Keynote Suzanne Chapin, ENHP Assistant Professor John Tapper
ENHP's Institute for Translational Research is proud to announce the third annual Connecticut Conference on Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) to be held at the Connecticut Science Center on Monday, October 6, 2014.
University faculty and students are invited to submit proposals for this year's conference.
Suggested presentation topics include but are not limited to:
- An innovative practice from your classroom
- Success in STEM education through partnerships with community agencies
- A particular project or unit of study that has yielded notable student work
- Formative or summative assessments you have used effectively
- Results of research you have conducted on STEM education
- Leadership strategies to support STEM in your school or district
- Curricula you have piloted or adopted focused on STEM education
- Strategies for integrating STEM into other subject areas
- Ways you have incorporated Common Core, Next Generation, etc. in your teaching
Request for Proposal Form must be submitted by April 7, 2014.
This year's keynote will be given by Ellen Doris, educator and author of Doing What Scientists Do: Children Learn to Investigate Their World.
If you are interested in attending, please save the date (Monday October 6, 2014). Registration begins in May through the Connecticut Science Center's 2014 Connecticut STEM Conference site.
The Connecticut STEM Conference is sponsored by the College of Education, Nursing and Health Professions Institute for Translational Research and community partners Hartford Public Schools, Saint Francis Care, East Hartford Public Schools, West Hartford Public Schools, and the Connecticut Science Center.
View highlights and pictures from the 2013 Connecticut STEM Conference.