Skip to Top NavigationSkip to Top Navigation UNotesSkip to Utility NavigationSkip to Search
Mobile Menu
Bookmark and Share

Flexible Spending Account(s) for 2016

Posted 01/27/2017
Submitted by Dianne Silliman
Category: Campus Announcements

Just a reminder; faculty and staff who participated in calendar year 2016 Flexible Spending Account(s) for health care and/or dependent care and have not submitted all eligible expenses incurred during the 2016 calendar year MUST submit reimbursement request forms to United Healthcare no later than March 31, 2017 to be reimbursed for these 2016 eligible expenses. Claims may be submitted through the portal.

 If you did not spend all the funds in your FSA during the 2016 plan year, the University allows a portion of your remaining FSA balance to automatically roll over into your account for another plan year. In order to be eligible for your remaining FSA balance to roll over into the next year, you must elect the Health Care FSA coverage for the following year. If you don’t re-enroll in the Plan for the following year, you forfeit any unused funds remaining in the account. The maximum amount that can be rolled over at the end of the plan year is limited to $500. The rollover is available for one year while enrolled. You forfeit any unused rollover funds remaining in the account after one year.