Skip to Top NavigationSkip to Top Navigation UNotesSkip to Utility NavigationSkip to Search
Mobile Menu
Bookmark and Share

Supervisors: Do You Need Student Help This Semester?

Posted 02/12/2018
Submitted by Christine Riley
Category: Campus Announcements

Supervisors: Do You Need Student Help This Semester?

Here are some things to consider and some friendly reminders-

In addition to graduate assistantships, there are two kinds of on-campus student part-time employment:

Federal Work Study may be awarded as part of a student’s Financial Aid package: in all cases, the student must be eligible, based upon financial need. Supervisors desiring to hire students eligible for this federal money should post each position on CareerBridge as soon as possible.  It is important to identify your department as an employer in this way:  “University of Hartford—(Name of your Department)”.  To assist students in identifying this job as a Work Study job, be sure to select “Federal Work Study” when you get to “Position Type.”  

Regular Part-Time Employment is funded through each University of Hartford department’s budget.  Often, supervisors may seek to fill positions through the Federal Work Study program and subsequently list the job opportunities that they have been unable to fill as “regular part-time positions.”  The University’s Office of Career Services can often be helpful in alerting qualified students about such employment needs.  Supervisors are encouraged to list regular part-time positions on CareerBridge.  For regular (non-Work Study) on-campus positions, be sure to select “On-Campus” when you get to the “Position Type” category.  

Using CareerBridge:  It’s easy!

To begin, simply scroll down to “click here to register,” and enter “University of Hartford” and your department’s name.  If a current department “contact person” does not appear, you can open your own account with your own password.  Then, you can list as many positions as you wish, for as long as you wish.  Please be sure to select the proper category (e.g., “Federal Work Study” or alternatively, “On-Campus” for regular part-time employment).  The system will allow students to contact you directly—either via CareerBridge or by sending a resume or other expression of interest.  

During the regular academic year, students may work on-campus for University of Hartford departments no more than twenty hours per week, regardless of whether the assignment is Federal Work Study, Regular Part-Time Employment, or a combination of both.

If you have questions, please call Career Services at extension 4287.