The University of Hartford is a member of the Connecticut Association of Professional Financial Aid Administrators (CAPFAA). CAPFAA recently announced that it will award six $1,000 scholarships to eligible undergraduate and graduate students. I encourage students who meet the following criteria to apply using the attached application.
We maintain a binder with other scholarship opportunities, as well. Please stop by Bates House from 8:30 to 4:30 to review our Scholarship Opportunity binder, at your convenience.
In order to be an eligible applicant for the CAPFAA scholarship award, all candidates must:
• For Undergraduate Students: be enrolled in a postsecondary institution as a full-time undergraduate student in a degree program OR in a certificate program of at least 900 clock hours, 24 semester hours, or 36 quarter hours. Your institution must be a current CAPFAA member institution.
• For Graduate Students: be enrolled in a postsecondary institution as a graduate or professional student in a degree or certificate program on at least a half-time basis. Your institution must be a current CAPFAA member institution.
• Have completed a minimum of one term or semester of full-time study or at least one half of a clock hour or non-term-based program.
• Must have a maximum Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of 6,000 or less per the student’s most recent FAFSA submission in 2018-2019, and be eligible to receive federal financial aid.
• Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent).
• Must have performed unpaid community service or volunteer activities in the past twelve (12) months not related to educational credit.
• Not be a prior CAPFAA Scholarship winner, CAPFAA member, or an immediate relative of a CAPFAA member.
Victoria A. Hampton
Acting Dean of Enrollment Management
Director of Student Financial Aid
CAPFAA Scholarship Application