A reminder that effective Thursday, April 19, at noon and throughout Spring Fling weekend, everyone seeking access to the residential side of campus either driving or walking will be stopped.
Students must show a student wristband.
Student guests must show a guest wristband.
Faculty and staff must show their University of Hartford ID card.
In order to receive/purchase a wristband, all students, alumni, and guests must be registered with Hawk Hub. Students can pick up wristbands in GSU North Café, at the following times:
Wednesday, April 18: 10 a.m.–10 p.m.
Thursday, April 19: 10 a.m.–2 a.m. (next day)
Friday, April 20: 10 a.m.–2 a.m. (next day)
Saturday, April 21: 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
You should only schedule your guests to arrive while the wristband center is open. Guests will be turned away if they arrive on campus after the wristband center is closed for the day.
· In order to receive/purchase a wristband, all students, alumni and guests must be registered with Hawk Hub
· Wristbands are FREE for University of Hartford full-time undergraduate students (one per student).
· Students must present their University ID to pick up their wristbands
· Full-time undergraduate students are allowed to have up to two guests during Spring Fling
· ALL guests must be registered by 2 p.m. on Saturday, April 21, 2018
· Guests and alumni must present a valid picture ID to pick up wristband, i.e. Driver's License, State ID, or Passport
· Alumni wristbands are $40, guest wristbands are $60.
· Graduate and part-time student wristbands are $35
· All guests must be 18 years old as of Monday, April 16, 2018
· No wristbands will be replaced and no refunds given.
· Students, guests, or alumni who do not have a wristband on will not be allowed on the residential side of campus.
Other reminders about campus access:
On Thursday, April 19, beginning at noon, the University’s north gate and the Mark Twain Drive gate will be closed. Only the main entrance with the traffic light will be open for entering and exiting the campus until Sunday morning, April 22.
Beginning Thursday, April 19, at noon, and continuing throughout the weekend, all vehicles entering campus will pass through a security checkpoint. This will most likely cause traffic backups and delays. Please plan your travel time to and from campus accordingly.
Due to guest and event parking, it may be more difficult to find a space in your usual lot. Please practice patience and add extra travel time for this purpose.
The Fitness Center (in the Sports Center) will remain open during Spring Fling Weekend.
There will be no on-campus shuttle on Friday, April 20. The off-campus shuttle and the shopping shuttle will operate from Millard Circle on Friday, April 20, and Saturday, April 21.
Connecticut Transit buses, including CT fastrak, that usually stop on campus will
instead stop on Bloomfield Avenue after noon on Thursday and all day Friday and Saturday.
The University gates will reopen by 7 a.m. on Sunday, April 22, checkpoints will end, and the campus bus stop will reopen.
Visit the Spring Fling 2018 website for more information about the weekend’s events.